Building Our Team for the Future
Riken Elastomers Corporation located in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, and subsidiary of Riken Americas Corporation, is a custom compounder of flexible and rigid PVC along with TPE for a variety of industries. We currently service customers throughout North America including Canada and Mexico. We are committed to providing our customers with High Performance Plastics Compounds which offer a superior value proposition.
As a growing company, we are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our team. The Supply Chain Manager will create and execute an inventory management and logistics strategy consistent with company goals to ensure quality, product reliability, to reduce waste and improve productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Comply with all environmental, health, safety and quality standards, including ISO.
- Develop, adhere to, and monitor ISO standards related to job responsibilities.
- Initiate or suggest ideas and support continuous improvement efforts in all areas of organization.
- As a member of the leadership team, drive & support an innovative team mindset.
- Other duties as assigned.
Warehouse and Logistics:
- Direct, train and evaluate Warehouse Department staff to ensure efficient operation of warehouse and related functions. Ensure good communication and teamwork in the department.
- Ensure Warehouse Team supports production by staging raw materials and associated products in appropriate production areas without delay.
- Manage onsite and local off-site warehouses using FIFO warehouse method.
- Maintain contracts for local off-site warehouses.
- Select carriers and negotiate carrier contracts.
- Establish, develop and maintain close relationships with suppliers and internal customers in accordance with customer, quality, and environmental, health and safety standards.
- Review production schedule, along with scheduling and production personnel, to ensure materials are available for planned schedule and planned shipping requirements to meet scheduled ship dates.
- Manage international and domestic shipments via freight carriers (including rail) or domestic shipping companies to ensure the best possible rate & transit time.
- Identify supply chain related process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage local off-site warehouses, including contracts.
- Participate in projects for ERP optimization, that include automating and integrating preproduction (order entry related) systems.
- Negotiate and evaluate supplier pricing for operating supplies.
- Support Technical and Purchasing Manager and Corporate Planning Manager with purchase of raw materials as required.
- Develop & monitor supplier performance metrics. Review supplier performance in terms of quality, on-time shipments, order accuracy (quantity, pricing, confirmations, etc.); support identification and qualification of new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- BS degree in Business Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 Years’ previous supply chain or logistics experience required, including warehouse management
- 2+ Years’ experience in a supervisory role
- 3+ Years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of end to end supply chain processes
- Strong knowledge of vendor/supplier contract negotiations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of shipping regulations such as import/export and Customs requirements is preferred
- Strong IT knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of ERP, BOM and logistics data systems. Experience with different systems a plus.
- Advanced Excel user
- Ability to travel as needed