Riken Elastomers Corporation, located in Hopkinsville, KY, is a custom compounder of PVC and TPE for a variety of industries including automotive, fenestration, and consumer goods.
The R&D Internship at Riken Elastomers Corporation provides an excellent opportunity for students to get hands on experience working with our professional R&D Team.
Summary: The R&D Intern will assist in supporting the development of Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) compounds and Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) compounds through project work focused on verifying specifications, designs, test processes, and evaluation.
Typical job duties might include:
- Assist with formulation of new materials
- Work side by side with sales team and customers
- R&D engineering project involvement
- Engineering design and process development
- Material and finished product testing
- Generate material data sheets
- Working toward a bachelor or master’s degree in Polymer/Plastics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other related discipline
- Strong analytical capability and organization skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use proficiently use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Primary work location for this position is Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- Wage is $16/hr
- Housing options available
- Schedule: 8-hour shifts- Monday to Friday – 3 months
- Start and end date are flexible based on class schedule
- Candidates may be asked to handle sharp and hot objects
- Working conditions will be a combination of plant and office
- Japanese language abilities a plus
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.