Building Our Team for the Future
Riken Elastomers Corporation is committed to providing High Performance Plastics Compounds that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations by providing quality products, excellent customer service and on-time delivery through continuous improvement of our people and processes.
Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and working closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance and compensation/payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety and quality standards.
- Initiates or suggest ideas and supports continuous improvement efforts including quality and environmental, health and safety improvements.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assist in the preparation and maintenance of the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program and processes multistate payroll; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration.
- Conducts recruitment effort for nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; and monitors career-pathing program.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a ladder as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.