Career Growth Opportunity
Rimtec Corporation, a PVC Compounding Manufacturer located in Burlington, NK., has an opening for a Development Chemist. Rimtec Corporation is a subsidiary of Riken Americas Corporation and a premier leader in the PVC industry.
Conducts development work for new compounds in new product developments, and improve current compounds in performance, efficiency, and price competitiveness. Provide technical support to Production and Sales. Provide technical service to customers and potential customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Chemistry or other related fields in science with two to four years related experience preferred in manufacturing environment.
- Good technical knowledge with PVC material and application experience in formulating.
- Ability to research, evaluate and implement new compounds.
- Expertise in chemistry, understanding surface-interface properties and surface characterization.
- Ability to work independently and to drive the project forward with minimum supervision.
- Ability to think out of the box and willing to take extra steps to get the job done accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal/written) skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and in other Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have experience with roll mill, hot press, tensile tester, impact tester, color eyes and other lab device needed for formulations.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, and meet deadlines.
- Works effectively in cross-functional teams to complete assignments when needed.
- Must be able to promote and encourage teamwork.
Excellent Benefit Package
- Health, and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- K125 Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive Bonus Potential
Please email your resume and salary expectations to Karen Kuder, HR Manager, email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.