Rimtec Corporation has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation and expertise. Our employees use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands and offer the most effective services/products in the industry. Located in Burlington, NJ, we are a custom compounder of flexible and rigid PVC servicing customers throughout North Americas including Canada and Mexico. We offer competitive pay, relocation (if applicable), health, dental and vision insurance, incentive bonus, 401K and K125 Plans.
Please send your resume and contact information to Karen Kuder at email@example.com
Provides technical support and information to our Sales, QC & QA and Production departments, via firsthand technical service to our customers. Work closely with Sales and R&D, to research and develop new compounds and upgrade current compounds for use by our customers. In order to remain competitive, evaluate ways to reduce the cost of existing compounds and implement those changes while ensuring the quality of these materials. Responsible for managing and coordinating all R&D and pilot line activities, wherein all the R&D staff members and pilot line supervisor reports to this position. Coordinate and report R&D activities for all sales/marketing projects and products at monthly progress meeting.
1) Responsible for supervising and coordinating daily activities of R&D staff and Pilot line members to ensure optimum efficiency in the department. Establish POP goals for R&D staff and pilot line members, which are measurable, achievable and timely in manner. Assist in defining R&D divisional goals that strongly supports our corporate goals and are well coordinated with the activities of other department’s goals.
2) Visit customers with salespeople to add value to the sales call; perform trial runs on compounds at customer’s site; provide technical parameters and process conditions to customers upon request, obtain technical specifications and material processing requirements from customers; assist in investigating customer complaints and to implement the required corrective and preventive actions to avoid similar future complaints; work to continuously improve the process ability and quality of the compound line, as measured by our customers.
3) Conducts research and designs new compounds per customer’s specifications and design input requirements, matching color, if required, to ensure continuous quality improvement.
4) Establish Technical Data Sheet for new compounds analyzing physical and chemical properties using ASTM standards.
5) Attend and report R&D activities at the monthly Progress Meetings.
6) Attends monthly QA/QC meetings to analyze and determine customer complaints and returns, in order to provide input on the corrective and preventive actions to improve overall quality and service levels.
7) Update and maintain Raw Material Pricing via databases for all of our compounds. In addition, need to track the raw material cost savings activities and report upon them.
8) Responsible for creating and maintaining ISO 9001 Design Control documents, UL, CSA and other file listings.
9) Establish color correction guidelines, process parameters and Quality requirements for new and existing compounds.
10) Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
The job titles that report to this position are: Assistant R&D Manager, Senior Chemist, Chemist, Analytical Chemist and Pilot Line Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Polymer Science or Chemistry is required. Master’s Degree in Polymer Science/Engineering is preferred. Fifteen to Twenty years related experience. Experience in PVC marketing, PVC compounding, knowledge of processing equipment and material required. PC Skills required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
TYPE/NATURE OF CONTACTS
The internal primary contacts for this position are with Upper Management, Production, Union, Sales, QC&QA and Departmental Staff. The external contacts include customers and suppliers.
This position frequently sits or stands. Sometimes lifting of up to 10 pounds may be required for this position. Always must be able to identify and distinguish color vision and sharpness of vision for product color matching.
In a secondary setting this position may work near moving mechanical parts. There is some exposure (30%) to fumes or airborne particles.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce by providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification.